Sunday, March 22, 2009

Day 9 . . . Marion, IL to Tonganoxie, KS . . . The Final Blog

Home at last, home at last
Thank goodness I’m home at last!

We had to make a mad dash to Kansas to get to my mom’s birthday dinner. We were up & on the road by 7:30. Driving home was uneventful.

Our trip in a nutshell.

Top Ten things Rachel has learned on this trip.
10. How to drive on the highway
9. Georgia people are rude
8. Seagulls can detect food from a very long distance
7. Florida weather is so much better than Kansas weather
6. You don’t have to push the little button on the shifter to go from drive to neutral.
5. You shouldn’t push the shifter up when your mother is driving 70 miles an hour on the highway.
4. You don’t have to be parked too close to a hotel to “borrow” their wireless internet.
3. Staying in my own lane is very important to my mother.
2. Long road trips with a lot of food are not conducive to track conditioning
1. The best place on earth is the beach


Top Ten things Stacy has learned on this trip.
10. Airplane tickets are worth every penny.
9. I can travel up to 3 hours with every muscle in my body tightened – thanks to Rachel for that info.
8. My husband is a wise man by staying at home.
7. Next time bring germ-x & band-aids.
6. When traveling with a student driver it’s crucial to take your blood pressure medicine on schedule.
5. Cars have fluids in them – and someone needs to check them regularly.
4. I have the memory of a stage 3 Alzheimer’s patient.*
3. I really do like the beach . . . if it’s the right beach.
2. 10 states in 9 days is insane.
1. I’d do it all again if the princess wanted to

*I already knew this, but it became even more obvious to me during this trip. I collect refrigerator magnets & all I wanted to do was get a magnet from each state I visited. I repeatedly remembered this as I drove out of the state. So frustrating!!!

This was the longest road trip I have ever gone on in my life. I’m glad I went, but next time I would take a comfier car or maybe a van or RV.

It was a nice chance for Rachel & I to hang out & enjoy each other’s company. For that reason alone I know I will never regret the adventure.

Thanks for sharing in our journey. My next blog will be in July when I road trip to Michigan with my friend Denise.

No comments:

Post a Comment