Thursday, March 19, 2009

Day 3 . . . Mobile (pronounced Mo-BEEL) to West Palm Beach
The theme of the morning was RAIN. It was raining when we got up & rained til 1:15. A little water didn’t dampen our enthusiasm though.
After a brief encounter with a rude Texaco employee - the fool wouldn’t even take my buy one get one free Diet Mtn. Dew cap - we were off to McDonalds where friendly people were found. Sharon, the counter lady, was very helpful with directions. Soon, Rachel & I found the Mobile Bay.
Now this is the part where my lack of noticing details hurts me. First, I’m not even sure it really is called the Mobile Bay. Second, we stopped @ some sort of point of interest overlooking the bay, but I never took the time to find what it was named. All these lack of details make for some captivating reading. Anyway, we took pictures of the water & big ships of some kind.
While we were there we noticed 2 seagulls. I told Rachel to grab some peanuts out of the car to feed the birds. It took all of about 30 seconds for more seagulls to show up. Before long Rachel was surrounded by hungry, screaming seagulls. I was snapping pictures like crazy and even tried to get some video. Hopefully I can figure out how to put them on this blog site.
We left Mobile way too late (11:00 am). I drove because it was raining so hard & Rachel has very little experience driving in the rain. Later in the day she got some experience driving in the rain, but it was not a hard rain like in the morning.
We have gone through 3 state capitols in 3 days. Saturday & Sunday was Little Rock. Later Sunday was Jackson, Mississippi and today it was Tallahassee, Florida. I feel like the European traveler that hits 6 countries in 8 days. Who knew it would take so long to get to Florida. It’s only like 10 inches away from Kansas on the map. Oh well.
Made it Linda’s to house at 11:00 central time . . . midnight her time. I’m beginning not to like this blog thing. When reflecting back on the imposition I am on my friends it makes me think maybe I need to improve myself. That doesn’t sound like any fun.
End of Day 3

No comments:

Post a Comment