Monday, March 16, 2009

Day 1 . . . Tongie to Little Rock
We did not get started when we wanted due various factors best left unmentioned. We finally got on the road about 2:30. Our first major accomplishment was getting gas. It was Rachel’s first time pulling up to a pump. She did great!
As usual I got messed up @ the Grandview exit. Stupid exits always sneak up on me. Rachel took over after we got out of the KC area. I copiloted her all the way to Joplin before I missed another stupid exit. She did an exceptional job of driving & listening to my wrong directions.
We’ve both been perfecting our skills on this trip. Rachel is getting her driving hours in, thus making the roads safer for all and I’m working on my texting skills. A big shout out to my sister for helping me improve. Thanks Julie!
There was only one time that we got back on the highway & I felt for sure we were going the wrong way. Of course we weren’t , but I had to fight the urge to turn around until I found a sign that confirmed my map. It is very difficult to travel when you are directionally challenged.
We made it to Little Rock by 10:45 or so. Bob & Theresa graciously waited up for us. They made it seem like it was no big deal . . . and even visited with us for awhile. Those Lorsbachs are sure nice people.
End of Day 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment