Saturday, January 8, 2011

Happy Birthday King!

I've decided to try this blog thing again. Since I'm not a big fan of pressure and I firmly believe in being good to me, I have further decided to start off slllloooooooowwww.

I collect refrigerator magnets. They're odd things to collect, but their small, inexpensive and it's almost a guarantee that ppl will bring me back a gift when they go on a trip. Yeah!

Opening the fridge door is always a walk down memory lane. Look I got this one when the Smiths went to Washington D.C. Caitlin sure had a blast when she went to NYC, I hope I get to go some day. etc.

I'd like to share my collection, yet not have anyone come to my house. The answer of course is through the power of blogging. I will share a magnet a week.


My first magnet is of the king, Elvis Presley. I do this in honor of today being his birthday. I vividly remember listening to his alums up in my parents' bedroom. His voice is just amazing. My all time favorite is song is "I can't help falling in love with you". I melt every time I hear it.

My mom and I were coming back from an out of town funeral for a distant relative when they announced that Elvis Presley was dead. A sad day indeed. btw I have no idea which family member died.

My home office is Elvis themed. It's my small way to honoring a great man. What says love more than Blue Hawaii curtains?

This magnet was a gift from my friend Linda.

No comments:

Post a Comment