Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday Magnets - OK vs. AR

Today's magnets represent a very big decision faced by The Lovely Princess (TLP). She has narrowed her college choices to Oklahoma Christian University, Edmond, OK and Harding University, Searcy, AR. This is quite a quandry for the girl who feels overwhelmed when forced to choose her own entree.

Her father & I will neither comment on nor vocalize our preference for either school. I personally don't have a favorite. They are both fine schools and I'm sure she will be successful at which ever one she chooses. She hates it when I say that. :)


Oklahoma Chrstian University (OC) is smaller (2500), closer and very easy to get to. She would get on the turnpike about 4 miles from our house & ride it until she got off the exit that the school is on. Super simple.


Harding University is larger (6000), farther away, but a gorgeous drive. It has a very active study abroad program, which is appealing to TLP. She also mentioned that the food is better at Harding.

Since no major has been declared, it is not a factor in determining where she will attend. So far it looks like the choice of her higher education will be based on food quality and travel time.

I'm so proud.

I'll let you know if there are any changes.

2 comments:

  1. I've always said 18 is too young to make these decisions! What 18 year old really knows what they want to do for the REST OF THEIR LIFE???? That said, I doubt the difference in these two schools would be life altering... well that's not entirely true -- the man of her dreams might be headed to one school -- what if she picks the other? (Stacey has her hands over her ears right now saying "I'm not listening I'm not listening") I'm sure whichever school the princess chooses will be the right decision for her. I admire your determination to keep your mouth shut and let her make the decision on her own -- can't say I did the same!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh PS -- what did you do to tick off Blogger? Still can't comment over at barb-wired?

    ReplyDelete